IMU CET Online Test 2023: Merchant Navy Previous Year Question Paper and Mock Tests
Merchant Navy Previous Year Question Paper Download
If you are dreaming of a career in the merchant navy, then you must be aware of the importance of clearing the IMU CET exam. The Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) is the gateway to various courses offered by the university and its affiliated institutes. To crack this exam, you need to have a good preparation strategy and practice with previous year question papers. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the merchant navy, IMU CET, and how to download and use previous year question papers to ace the exam.
What is Merchant Navy?
The merchant navy is the collective name for the commercial shipping industry that transports goods and passengers across the world. It consists of various types of vessels, such as cargo ships, tankers, container ships, cruise ships, ferries, etc. The merchant navy employs professionals who work on board these vessels as officers, engineers, or ratings. The officers are responsible for navigation, communication, cargo handling, and safety of the ship and its crew. The engineers are in charge of operating and maintaining the machinery and electrical systems on board. The ratings perform various tasks such as deck work, catering, housekeeping, etc.
merchant navy previous year question paper download
Why join Merchant Navy?
Joining the merchant navy can be a rewarding career choice for many reasons. Some of the benefits of working in the merchant navy are:
You get to travel around the world and explore different cultures and places.
You get paid a high salary and enjoy tax benefits.
You get to work in a challenging and dynamic environment.
You get to learn new skills and gain valuable experience.
You get to enjoy long vacations and flexible work schedules.
You get to have a prestigious and respected profession.
How to join Merchant Navy?
To join the merchant navy, you need to have a minimum qualification of 10th or 12th standard with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as subjects. You also need to have good eyesight, physical fitness, and medical fitness. You can join the merchant navy as a deck officer, an engineering officer, or an electro-technical officer by completing a pre-sea training course from a recognized institute. Alternatively, you can join as a rating by completing a six-month pre-sea course from an approved training center. After completing the pre-sea training, you need to obtain a certificate of competency (COC) from the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) by passing an oral or written examination.
IMU CET: The Common Entrance Test for Merchant Navy
What is IMU CET?
The Indian Maritime University (IMU) is a central university that offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in maritime studies. The IMU conducts a common entrance test (CET) every year for admission to these courses. The IMU CET is an online computer-based test that is held twice a year, usually in January and June. The IMU CET is applicable for admission to the following courses:
Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Science)
B.Sc. (Nautical Science)
B.Sc. (Maritime Science)
B.Tech. (Marine Engineering)
B.Tech. (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
B.Sc. (Ship Building and Repair)
BBA (Logistics, Retailing and E-Commerce)
MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
M.Tech. (Marine Engineering and Management)
M.Tech. (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
M.Tech. (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
Who can apply for IMU CET?
The eligibility criteria for applying for IMU CET vary depending on the course you choose. However, some of the common requirements are:
You must be an Indian citizen.
You must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as subjects with at least 60% marks in aggregate.
You must have a minimum of 50% marks in English in 10th or 12th standard.
You must not be more than 25 years of age as on the date of admission.
You must have a valid passport.
You must meet the medical standards prescribed by the DGS.
What is the exam pattern and syllabus of IMU CET?
The exam pattern and syllabus of IMU CET are as follows:
SubjectNumber of QuestionsMarks per Question
The syllabus of IMU CET is based on the CBSE syllabus of 10+2 level. The topics covered in each subject are:
Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Parts of Speech, Tenses, Voice, Narration, Comprehension, etc.
Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Abstract Reasoning, etc.
* merchant navy exam preparation books pdf download
* imu cet sample papers for marine engineering
* how to download merchant navy entrance exam papers
* best books for merchant navy sponsorship test
* imu cet previous year question papers with solutions
* merchant navy online test papers free download
* imu cet model question paper for nautical science
* merchant navy entrance exam syllabus and pattern
* imu cet mock test papers online practice
* merchant navy exam question bank 2023
* imu cet study material pdf free download
* merchant navy entrance exam coaching classes
* imu cet solved papers for bsc maritime science
* merchant navy exam eligibility and application form
* imu cet question paper download 2022
* merchant navy exam date and admit card
* imu cet online test series and analysis
* merchant navy exam result and cut off
* imu cet previous year papers for naval architecture
* merchant navy exam tips and tricks
* imu cet sample paper for ship building and repair
* merchant navy exam pattern and marking scheme
* imu cet previous year papers for pg diploma in marine engineering
* merchant navy exam centres and seat allotment
* imu cet question paper download 2021
* merchant navy exam fee and payment mode
* imu cet sample paper for mba programmes
* merchant navy exam preparation strategy and plan
* imu cet previous year papers for mtech programmes
* merchant navy exam counselling and admission process
* imu cet question paper download 2020
* merchant navy exam books and study materials
* imu cet sample paper for eto course
* merchant navy exam syllabus and topics
* imu cet previous year papers for gme course
* merchant navy exam difficulty level and competition
* imu cet question paper download 2019
* merchant navy exam previous year cut off marks
* imu cet sample paper for dme course
* merchant navy exam answer key and solutions
* imu cet previous year papers for deck cadet course
* merchant navy exam negative marking and time management
* imu cet question paper download 2018
Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems, etc.
Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), p-Block Elements (Group 13 to Group 18), Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry etc.
Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices, Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem, Sequences and Series, Limit, Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Coordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning etc.
How to prepare for IMU CET?
To prepare for IMU CET, you need to follow a systematic and smart study plan. Some of the tips to help you prepare for IMU CET are:
Know the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly and plan your study schedule accordingly.
Focus on the concepts and fundamentals of each topic and revise them regularly.
Practice with mock tests and previous year question papers to improve your speed, accuracy, and time management skills.
Analyze your performance and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
Work on your weak areas and clear your doubts with the help of teachers or experts.
Revise the important formulas, facts, and shortcuts before the exam.
Stay calm and confident and avoid any stress or negativity.
Benefits of downloading previous year question papers of IMU CET
How to download previous year question papers of IMU CET?
To download previous year question pape